20111103

Catching up

Isn't that exactly what we all want to do?

This week I've taken some time off for catching up and recovery. Started off ok with a 4:18 Grace, a PR by 1:04. Two days later hit dynamic squats, two on the minute for 10 rds, working from 95 to 205. That same day did Diane with lighter weight and a deficit. That did it. Every bit of recovery I made from the cold that started two weeks ago disappeared. Maybe I've been hitting it too hard, or at least too hard for being sick. All signs point to overtraining: slight cold, body aches, fatigued and listless.

The OC Throwdown online qualifiers were during this same time period, which could have been better. I admittedly went after them as hard as I could, barring repeating them, but didn't do anywhere near as well as I would have liked. Time, as they say, takes its toll. Maybe my run for the Games isn't quite happening this year... Or maybe ever.

One qualifier WOD left to do, and I feel like refried monkey ass. Not much I can do but take a few days off and reattack on Saturday.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan, ‘press on’ has solved, and always will solve, the problems of the human race.” - Calvin Coolidge

No comments:


At the old HQ, CrossFit MECCA in 2007