20110715

Path to Black belt

Today I started on the final steps towards my black belt as a Marine Corps Martial Arts Instructor. Marines at NPS plan classes around each quarter. It gives you the opportunity to go through from grey belt to black belt if you pursue the next belt each quarter the entire time you are here.

Although I'm not sure I feel good about this type of pursuit of belts, I do know I am happy to get back to training again. We'll meet once a week for a four hour session of sustainment teaching and integration of techniques.

It has been since spring of 2009 since I taught a MCMAP class, but it was like getting back on a bike.

This quarter I will be worried more about reviewing my brown belt and lower techniques. Next quarter I will commit to learning and graduating as a black belt MCMAP Instructor.

I do know it's about damn time.

No comments:


At the old HQ, CrossFit MECCA in 2007