20080613

That's just the way it is pig, that's just the way it is...

As Babe learned, there are some animals that live in the barn, and some that live in the house. This week I have been a house-bound piglet of the first order, and I have no one to blame but me. Two workouts in the past week, after I spent so long diligently doing so much, is taxing on the spirit. But I suppose I was due a break, and its probably all the carefree eating of non-Zone foods that has me so low, not any kind of melodramatic depression.

Melodrama really is not my thing.

This week has been fantastic. Foremost on the list of wonderful things has been coming home to my wonderful wife. Safely returning from the war was nice. Herr Clinton dropping off the presidential race was really nice, especially as I had made numerous comments about resigning my Marine Corps officer commission if she were to have been elected. My reunion with my dog was great. And this weekend I will get to see my extended family.

All in all I have many, many things for which I am grateful.

There is a drive inside of me combined with a stern (if sometimes harsh) stoicism, that is equal parts taken from my mother and my father. At times it makes me a taskmaster, to myself and to others. These qualities sometimes lead me to try to do too much, or to shut people out and just press my nose to the grindstone of the world to complete a goal. I know I can be unbearable, especially when I cannot relax, or when I cannot see the forest for the trees. Rest and relaxation, though they are the order of the day, are hard for me. So I will turn to the next few days with renewed energy, and a focus to remain unfocused.

Sometimes you must concentrate on relaxing.

**Later
I broke the stretch of not working out with a simple and twisted 25,20,15,10,5 rep rounds of 1 pood Kettlebell swing, burpees, 1 pood KB SDLHP, 10inch box jump executed in 14:15...

No comments:


At the old HQ, CrossFit MECCA in 2007