20070805

"old crusty bucket!"

Yep, that's me.

I'm warming up for the WOD at Federal Hill park and some kids, two boys and a girl, probably 12-14 years old, approach me in the aprk while I'm doing ring pull ups.
Here goes the rest:
1st kid: "YO Man! Let me play with those things!"
me: "no." (mid pull up with accompanying death stare)
1st kid: "You old crusty bucket!, I hope you fall!"
All three walked off and proceeded to cat call and sling both racial and age related epitaphs at me--harassing several couples swinging their young children on the nearby swing-set enough to make them all leave. While they were quite busy yelling racial slurs at me, they were also energetically applying themselves and their youthful talent to winding the swings violently around the set until they were too high for kids to play on. They soon tired of this sport and moved on, probably on to rob a liquor store or trip old ladies as they cross the street.
Who says's there's no hope for today's youth? Not me.

Anyway, I did manage to do the CFWU 2 of 15 then WOD from Wednesday:
For time:
50 Ring Dips
Run 400 meters
50 Push-ups
Run 400 meters
50 Handstand push-ups
Run 400 meters

Push-ups are honest push-ups. Handstand push-ups are "nose to floor".

25:55, Nearly as RX'd: I split the ring dips into sets, around 25 they were sets of 2 and 3, at 37 they were singles until 50, during HSPUs I had to switch to Incline push-ups after 12, as they were absolutely impossible (and my form sucked it after 9).

As a cool down I went over to the swingset and un-wound all the swings the shithead kids had wound-up. This was a great way to unleash the pent-up rage without taking it home with me.

Packed it in and came home, grabbed a 20kg BK and did 10 swings, then did 10x 1 handed cleans with each arm with a 16kg KB.

No comments:


At the old HQ, CrossFit MECCA in 2007