20070511

A week in Monterey (CFHQ rocks)

Just got back, its late, but I'm wide awake from being on Pacific standard time.
Several workouts in the NPS gymnasium, worth mentioning only because they have a rower, speedbag and heavybag amidst the usual fluff.
One long slow run from NPS along the water to the Monterey Bay Aquarium- beautiful- period.
Oh yeah:
And one trip to the CrossFit mecca, CFHQ in Santa Cruz, dove right in for their WOD:
As many rounds in 20 minutes of 5 big box jumps, 10 L pull-ups & 15 Knees to elbows. I managed to crank out a miserable 3, and 9 KTEs shy of finishing a fourth. My form was HORRIBLE. For shame.
The poeple I met were awesome. Annie, Hollis, Brendan and Tony were all very welcoming and very gracious of their time and my goofy semi-hero worship.
My sincere thanks for your time (and for the Rhabdo t-shirt!)
Semper Fi all,
John

See me in the back sucking wind!

No comments:


At the old HQ, CrossFit MECCA in 2007