20060821

TWO WEEKS IN LIMBO?!

Where have I been?
Could I have possibly not worked out in over two weeks?
No, but I can possibly forget to log my workouts for more than that long.
CrossFit:
I am still in pursuit of varied, functional workouts executed at high intensity. The Marines are still demanding. My 3 mile run is consistently back under 20 minutes for the first time in about 5 years (at least). 20 pull ups is no longer an impossibility. I am mentally preparing myself for a 300 PFT.
Martial Arts:
My Jiu Jitsu training is progressing: recently I was awarded my 2nd stripe for the white belt. I've been focusing mainly on Jiu Jitsu and MCMAP (last week I finished teaching a two week Tan belt course). Our MAIT tells me I am ready to start training towards Brown Belt Instructor. However, my Krav Maga time has dwindled to nothing. I've gone to KM 2x since making Level 2 in July.
Restraint:
I am making every effort not to overtrain. Despite having the time, and I do usually work out twice a day if one includes martial arts class, 3x if you include the days I teach. I am trying to be in tune with the body's limits. A two on, one off, two on, two off schedule for CF WODs has shown good returns.
Enlightenment:
Are any of us any closer really? I've been returning to some classic early reading. The good stuff, nothing fancy. Starship Troopers, Gates of Fire, MCDP-1 Warfighting, MCDP-2 Intelligence. I've also started reading Path to the Black Belt and I'm working to finish my Amphibious Warfare Phase 1 MCI. All that one can do is reach for the knowledge the world avails to us all. The only true shame lies in not trying.

Enough for now.

No comments:


At the old HQ, CrossFit MECCA in 2007